Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The High King (The Chronicles of Prydain #5)

The High King (The Chronicles of Prydain, #5)

Taran hurries back to Caer Dallben from his great journey in order to meet Eilonwy as she's returned from her schooling on the Isle of Mona. Just arriving there, the rejoice is broken when Gwydion arrives, injured from an attack by servants of Arawn, who have stolen his sword. Finally the group decides to journey out to Annuvin to defeat Arawn at last.

The final book in the series is a full-on adventure as they make their final stand against Arawn. This is a very fitting and perfect finale for the series. I have to rate this as one of the best series I've read. I honestly teared up at the end as I had fallen in love with the characters and it was tough to see them go. I definitely recommend the entire series to lovers of fantasy, it is a must read. I know I didn't rate the first book greatly, as I felt it had a rough start, but the series really paid off for me in the end.

Reading Level: A

Story: 5

A brilliant conclusion to the series.

Characters: 5

Still love the characters.

Style: 5

Style works really well.

Cover: 3

The newer books have a decent cover, but looking back at the older covers makes me cringe.

Presentation: 3

Nothing special. The series really needs a grand hardcover version, maybe with all five books in one!

Epicness: 5

Truly epic series.

Final Score: 4.33

No comments:

Post a Comment